Re: [Gimp-user] Using Wilber Image

On 10/09/2015 11:31 PM, Pat David wrote:

I am teaching a class for a commercial curriculum site, and was wondering
if I could obtain permission to use an image or images of Wilber in the
paperwork for my class?  The site director wants me to get official
permission before using it.  If permission cannot be granted here, could
you please tell me where I could request it?

Thank you very much for your help.

The linking page has some further information regarding the use of
Wilber
(as I understand it, you're free to use it):

http://www.gimp.org/about/linking.html

Per the cited web page:

"Some images from this web site can be copied freely and used in
other pages. This includes the buttons shown above and the images of
Wilber shown below."

This language does not cover use in print media.

Since your employers demand documentation, you may have to contact
Wilbur's creator, Tuomas Kuosmanen (TigerT).  I am sure he won't
mind if you use it as described above.  Try tigert gimp org and/or
tigert nettilinja fi

:o/