[Gimp-user] free hand selection tool ('lasso')

Whilst using this tool it has recently begun to draw its own lines part way
through and thus complete the selection for me - trouble is, I've never finished
what I'm actually trying to select!!  I've deleted and re-installed the
application, but it is still doing it.  Has something changed (for example, is
there perhaps a setting that says it should try to predict what I'm trying to
select based on some algorithm or other)?  Right now, the tool is completely
useless.  Thanks

--
glas (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)