Re: [Gimp-user] any tricks for making black look really black

On 15-11-04 04:04 AM, kwisj wrote:
We are printing onto 100% polyester. the only thing is that the blacks look a
littel washed out....any tricks for the settings on GIMP to try and work around

When it comes to printing, black ink by itself won't give you a real dark black. The blackest-black you can get when printing in CMYK is C-75 M-68 Y-67 K-90 (from a formula on a web page). These percentages are different than I remembered. The main idea is that you need more than just black ink.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.