[Gimp-user] Outline Text

I just got a new system.  I'm running OS 10.10.4 on an iMac and GIMP 2.8.14.

I use to be able to create outlines around my text by selecting path from text,
then use the "grow" function and fill with a contrasting color.  It was great
for flyers and such.  But how to do it in the new version escapes me.  I've
tried a few different things, but did not have any luck.

Is it possible to outline text now?  If so, how do you do it?

--
mamasnowwolf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)