[Gimp-user] NEF opening files wit version 2.8.14

Which extension did you choose?  I am have the same problem, and have
yet to find a choice which works.  Thanks.

To be clear, towards the bottom on the left of "Open image" file selector
window, change the "Select File type" from it's default of "Automatically
Detected" to "raw image 3fr,arl"... - the last option.

This is distinct from the file selector choice of "All images" at bottom right,
which can be left as it is.

See my screen shot, attached

Then in my case I just select a .NEF file.

I hope that this helps

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/200/original/gimpshot.png

--