Re: [Gimp-user] Size of output files

On 02/27/2015 05:38 PM, Owen Cook wrote:
I think you are doing it all wrong.
I followed the procedure described in this link. <http://registry.gimp.org/node/25400>

To answer your last question first, you will probably find the dpi has gone from 300 to 72 dpi (or of that
order)
No, the dpi remained 300.
GIMP reads the pdf as a multi-layer image. I read the PDF at 300 pixels per inch resolution. While I'm editing the images, GIMP thinks each layer is 8.5" x 11.69", or 2550x3508 pixels. I save the pdf as mng, so each layer is a frame. I can't read the mng files, so I don't know how big the pages are. After I convert the mng files back to dpf and read the PDFs in GIMP, if I read the files at 300 pixel per inch resolution, the images are 35.42" x 48.61", or 10625 x 14583 pixels. I don't know why GIMP changes the resolution of the images from 2550x3508 to 10625x14583 when it exports the images.

The odd thing is this behavior only occurs on PDFs I was given. For multipage PDFs that I create from images I scan myself, the procedure works as expected, and, when read into GIMP, the pages in the final edited PDFs are the same resolution as the source pdfs read at 300 pixel per inch resolution.

Secondly, I don't quite understand what was done. Was the whole score saved as a multipage pdf, if so, can
you break it up with pdftk or pdfseparate, get the individual sheets?

You might be able to use pdfimages to extract the embedded image and work on that.

If you want to convert it back to one pdf, use imagemagicks convert and its million options

Owen

If so