Re: [Gimp-user] Zoom layers independently, or overlay an image at different resolution?

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:55:28 -0700
Erika quinn <lovelace crossproduct net> wrote:

I suspected that might be the case, but thought it was worth asking just
in case. Thank you though!

(And if anyone does know a piece of software that can do this in an
elegant way, I am all ears! The difficulty I had
in googling the feature made it hard to look for alternatives)

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
Hi Erika -
I can understand your demand, and unfortunately GIMP is not capable of
that (I wonder if any other raster based software is).

The way you already do it (large square brush + grid)  is the only
work-around I can think of.