[Gimp-user] GIMP copying "Layer Group" accross images

Hi,
I have been trying to copy a "Layer Group" with many layers and sub layer groups inside to another image with
the same size and properties. Sadly I can't manage to copy it somehow. I copied with CTRL+C and CTRL+V, then
I press anchor and it disappears. So I read that a copy needs to be associated with a layer. So I created a
new transparent layer and copied then. A floating selection appeared as usual. Anchoring this merged all
children layers in the layer group and sub layer groups into one layer. This is also not nice, because I may
want to edit text fields or drawing of particular layers in that original layer group. Am I doing something
wrong here?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,Saren.T