Re: [Gimp-user] Limiting the size of the cloned area

On 15/07/15 16:12, peredenis wrote:
I am new to Gimp and want to remove a beard from a photo. I've tried both Clone
and Heal, as seen on some Youtube videos. I can't make either work correctly. If
I select a space on a shaven portion of skin, regardless of the Size I chose, I
get more than I chose. For example, I select a small(I think) part of the face
and when I Clone or Heal the bearded area, I get part of my nose or lips...even
when I use 1.00 as the size. How do I correct this?
Thx
Peredenis

The "selection" applies to the area to which you copy. To limit the size of the source, you use a smaller brush. In practice you use a soft round brush which is around one fifth to one tenth of the target area.