or gimpforums.com) as there's plenty of people who can help.

Kevin

I'll respect your suggestion to take the matter up over where you have replied
to me at gimpforums.com

I installed 2.8.6 on my machine in mid 2013. I'm really not an "artist" I use
the program mostly to get my PC to do things that I need it to do. So, I really
only started using Gimp regularly about a year ago.  Documentation is sparse and
the learning curve (for a n00b) is steep. It took me a while to get to the point
where "extras" were something I thought I might need. So, only recently has the
thought of improving my Gimp experience entered the picture.

I put the extras where I did  pretty much mimicking the directory structure that
the install routine used  when it incorrectly installed to C:\Program Files
x86\Gimp..., except I moved them to the correct C:\Program Files\Gimp...
location.

Thanks!

--
knuckledra99er (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)