Re: [Gimp-user] CloneLayer Tool

atomsmashed <forums <at> gimpusers.com> writes:

Hi, new Gimp user here, I'm having a problem installing this plug-in and
need
some help please.

The plug-in is here: http://registry.gimp.org/node/25422

I'm running Debian XFCE inside an Android tablet and using Gimp 2.8.
(Installed
from Google Play Store)

The Plug-in doesn't state it runs in Gimp 2.8, so am wondering if that is
an
issue?

I downloaded the binary, used 7zip to extract the file and placed that in
the
plug-ins folder but it does not show up in the menu, am I missing
something?

If it isn't compatible, or with how Gimp is running on XFCE, I could
really do
with pointers to another way to achieve similar functions please.

I need to duplicate a layer 360 times and rotate it 1° each layer to form
ring/circle of text for animation, is there an alternative to this plug
in event
of not being able to install it at all?

Thanks,
Craig Atomsmashed

Remember the installation - Android.

I tried out the Gimp+Inkscape installation in an Asus TF101 (lived up to a
terrible reputation for reliably and died a couple of weeks ago)

GIMP is in an Ubuntu with a XFCE DE working in a virtual private network.

I never did find out where it was installed, I think that the android
device has to be 'rooted' to reach the installation. I have a note that for
fonts this is the place
Android/data/org.gimp.inkscape/files/gimp/fonts
Presumably replace 'fonts' with 'plug-ins'

The tools that come with android are less than wonderful, everything is
dumbed down.
Recommend a decent file manager TotalCommander which will also unpack those
TapeArchive (tar) files.

Here in linux, that file 'gimp-clt-v0.2-bin.tar' unpacks to clone-layer-
tool with permissions already set, so maybe one hurdle out of the way.