Re: [Gimp-user] CloneLayer Tool

On 24/01/15 12:38, atomsmashed wrote:
Did you make the plugin executable?

Gimp-2.7 was the development version of 2.8 and so work

Owen
Thanks for the reply Owen... Umm, no... But I *think* I tried...

I ended up just extracting it with an archive app on the Android OS after
spending a while trying... Did I mention I've never actually really used Linux
before?!

I did try to use 'apt-get install gimp-clt-v0.2b-bin.tar' from the xterm set to
the plug-ins folder but got an error:

Rading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gimp-clt-v0.2b-bin.tar
E: Couldn't find package by regex 'gimp-clt-v0.2b-bin.tar

Not sure what else to try at this point?

The "packages" handled by apt-get have a .deb extension. The .tar is just a file that carries several files together (a like ZIP/RAR, but without compression by default), and not a "package" in the installer sense. To install the thing in Gimp you would do:

- tar -xvf gimp-clt-v0.2b-bin.tar (if this doesn't work, try replaceing -xvf by -xvzf) - move the executable to your gimp plug-ins directory (~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins)

Word of caution: rotating things always introduces some light blur, so always rotate from the original position, increasing the angle. If you are working with text, you will get cleaner results by obtaining a path from the text layer (Layer>Text to path), rotating the path, and using the path to create a selection that is then filled.