[Gimp-user] Borderless photo not correct

Hello to all I am a very new user of Linux and the supplied Gimp program. I
tried out my printer (Canon Pixma MG5550) in gthumb and Gimp by printing a
borderless 6 x 4 photo. I changed the settings in the print tab to read Glossy
photo paper and size as borderless 6 x 4 and also the orientation to suit my
needs. The photo printed okay BUT there is a small border about 8mm at the top
and 2mm at the bottom of the photo.in portrait style. This did not happen when I
had Win XP and Arcsoft software and after checking as much as I can I am unable
to locate a solution.
Does anyone know why this happens and can it be resolved?. I would appreciate
some help with this please.
many thanks
Tikiman

--