Re: [Gimp-user] Unistalling GIMP

On 02/14/2015 06:02 PM, Philbeaux wrote:
Hello,
I'm having some problems with GIMP so I've tried to uninstall it.... 3 times
now. I've deleted the gimp 2.8 folders from my User directory as well and every
time I re-install all my settings are the same as well as the same issues
prevail.

I've also rebooted and run CCleaner after each uninstall too.

That's "Maybe it will fix itself if I hit it with a sledgehammer."

You could try a different approach to solve the issues:

- identify their actual cause
- fix that
- reverting the fix to check if the issue appears again

A first step for this could be to tell us what the issues are.

So tell me, how do I remove GIMP completely?

As you have seen, this doesn't seem to solve your problems, so I'd
suggest to try the approach I've outlined above.

--
Regards,
Michael