Re: [Gimp-user] Problems Actually Starting/Launching Gimp

Adam Kinshasa08 <adam.kinshasa08 <at> hotmail.co.uk> writes:

Hello Gimp Users,

I have a Lenovo , Windows 8 laptop. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.
I have downloaded the gimp-2.8.14-setup-1.exe.torrent file , but when I try
to run this file, I am asked
which application I want to open Gimp with (EG Mozilla Firefox etc...)
Does anyone know how to get around this and how to install and run Gimp
please ?

That is a link to a torrent, where the file is partially downloaded from many
sources, spreading the load over those sources.
Many people have no idea what a torrent is or how to implement it.

Next to the link you clicked on, at gimp.org, is a link in brackets (http)
click on that and it takes you to a more regular download
http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.14-setup-1.exe

However to save load on gimp.org which has limited resources, do try one of
the mirror sites shown on
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/  choose closest geographically, go there and
look for a download.