[Gimp-user] Possible copyright infringement by RollApp

The GPL v2 license, under which GIMP is licensed, states that anyone
selling or redistributing GIMP must provide links to source code. RollApp
is charging for a number of features within GIMP, including the ability to
save files, and does not link to the source code anywhere on their website.
I have contacted RollApp about this issue, and they have stated that they
are not redistributing GIMP and that they have worked with GIMP developers
to put GIMP on RollApp:

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us.

There are two major things related to open source applications being
available on rollApp.

First, we are not distributing or redistributing applications. We provide
a service on top of which the applications are running.

Second, to run applications on rollApp we use binaries provided by the
developers themselves. We do not modify applications in any way (in fact,
that's one
of the strengths of the technology we develop).

For all of the open source applications we provide links to their
developers' web site, where one can get binaries and source should they
want to do so.

We are in communication with many developers of open source applications
available on our platform, including LibreOffice, OpenOffice, GIMP and
others.
None of them had any objections regarding their apps being available on
rollApp. In fact, they support the idea of bringing their apps to
devices, where
they
are not normally available such as Chromebooks, iPads, and other tablets,
which is enabled by rollApp.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Dima Malenko
CTO, rollApp Inc.

I am sending this to confirm if RollApp's claims are true, as it seemed
unlikely for a very Copyleft organization like GIMP to allow for it to be
sold this way.