[Gimp-user] UFRAW creates blurry images

I will try to use the tif. But could you try to answer this as well:

If the original CR2 (RAW) file s sharp as nails (looks exactly the
same as camera generated JPG) then how can the UFRaw generated picture
be less sharp than the original RAW file?

I tried the tiff format but it does not seems to make a lot of sense with Gimp.

Gimp cannot handle 16-bit tiff images and i lose a lot that extra information
from the 14-bit RAW file.

Or am i missing something here?

Also, why does my windows show that the jpg files are 24bit - should they not be
8bit? Or is it 8 bit per channel * 3?

--
elelont2 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)