Re: [Gimp-user] removing tint from a picture

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:59:40 +0000
John Broyles <johnk_km hotmail com> wrote:

I recently converted some old slides to digital pictures.  Unfortunately some of the older slides have
developed a pink tint, probably from age.  Can I remove this tint in the digital pictures using Gimp?  I
looked at color level but could not understand whether this would solve my problem or not.

Two fairly easy ways -

(1) use Colour/Colour Balance
(2) use Colour/Curves to raise green and blue

You can get a start on (2) with Colours->Levels and pressing auto;
unfortunately this may lose a small amount of detail in highlights and
shadows, but if before pressing OK you click on Edit in Curves (the exact
labels and menu names may vary depending on your language and locale of
course) you can move the curves slightly. For many applications
levels/auto works magic.

Liam

Thanks,

John