Re: [Gimp-user] Comments on GIMP

On 08/07/2015 05:28 PM, George Misdary wrote:

I'm not certain if this is the right place for this, but here goes,
A few weeks ago I was on a mission to find a simple, yet effective, image editing program for a project I'm
working on.After several frustrating experiences with a bunch of 'complete duds' and 'nice trys', I finally
came across the GIMP.
Within a few minutes of using GIMP, my reaction was simply WOW! Over the few weeks since I've been using it, that reaction has
only continued to flourish and expand.In every step, so far, I've found GIMP to be unbelievably intuitive, logical, stable,
capable, powerful, and simply brilliant to use.It is far and away one of the best programs I've ever used, not only as a graphics
program but period!For every function that I thought "Hmm, it'd be nice if ...", within a few seconds/minutes of poking
around on the hyper-intuitive interface; I've not only found exactly what I was looking for, but something-like a dozen other
ways to expand upon what I was looking for. Rarely do I find this level of... maturity in a program and for a program that is
released for free none-the-less, I'm simply blown away!!I'm not exaggerating when I say that on a practically daily basis, that
I've used GIMP, I find myself saying "I really love this program".
I'm sure you hear things like this fairly regularly, but I still wanted to send this email to give a HUGE
shout-out to the developers, contributors, and all involved with making this such a kick-a## product!
Kudos and THANK YOU!!!
Regards,GM

George,

If I did not know better, I would think you were a friend of one of the developers. :-)

Seriously I do have a question: What other image editing program(s) do you have experience with? (Not just "tried them", but actual significant use.)

My reason for asking is that Gimp is sometimes more intuitive for people who don't have a lot of experience with another image program (because they are somewhat expecting things to be like that other program).

You are a bit special -- in my experience, most people have a more difficult learning curve than you seem to have had.

Jay