Re: [Gimp-user] Automatically stroking all paths

On 08/01/2015 07:26 AM, rich wrote:
Bob <dukebrymin <at> gmail.com> writes:

you could try
stroke-visible-paths-0.6.py
from ofnuts scripts
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/

Another couple of possibilities:

1)  In the Paths dock, make sure all the paths you want to stroke
are visible, right click in the paths dock and do 'merge visible
paths.'  Select and copy the resulting path, then do control-z to
undo the merge.  Right click in the paths dock paste the merged
paths back in as a path layer of their own and stroke that.

2)  Or use Inkscape for the vector art parts of the project; it's
designed for that purpose and works very well.  Any pixel based art
you need for your images can be made in the GIMP and imported into
Inkscape.  I normally use PNG files for that, because they use
lossless compression and have an alpha channel for transparency.

Inkscape can import paths exported from the GIMP, and exports images
in many formats at any size required, i.e. PNG files that can be
imported as layers to any GIMP XCF file in progress.

Inkscape includes the best software tutorials I have seen:  A set of
SVG documents that open in Inkscape, so you can doodle on the pages
and edit the examples provided as you read.  These are located in
the help menu.

:o)

Steve