Re: [Gimp-user] Tif Files

On Sat, 2015-04-18 at 17:31 +0200, charneys wrote:
I am new to GIMP and using version 2.8.14 on a Mac with Yosemite. If
I want to
convert an image to a tif file I use Save or Save as but do not get
the tif
option. If I go to Export, tif is an option. However when I use the
tif option
it saves the file as a png and NOT as a tif.

Export is correct.

How did you determine that you ended up with a PNG file?

In Terminal you can try running the "file" command on it to see, e.g.
file my-left-foot.tif
(the last few letters of the filename, ".tif" here, can be anything,
and do not determine whether a file contains a TIFF or JPEG or PNG
image)

Help! Could you respond directly to
me at charneys hotmail com
Thank you.

(I think I can't sent mail to hotmail users from this account, hmm)

Liam