Re: [Gimp-user] "vibrating" Cursor?

On 04/15/2015 04:57 PM, maury wrote:
Hello To All-

Brand new user and this is my first post.   I downloaded GIMP recently and am
slowly learning to use it. . I ahgve an older computer, using XP.  One problem
that I need help on:  my cursor seems to be unsteady, almost as if it is
vibrating.  This only happens on GIMP (not any other image processing programs).
Pretty much makes it impossible to do any fine work.  Any suggestions on how to
fix this?

Does this happen all the time, or only when using certain tools?  If
the problem affects, for instance, making rectangular selections
/and/ using the paintbrush tool, I can't guess what causes that.
But if it /only/ affects the paintbrush, clone, and similar tools it
is possible that "Apply jitter" is turned on:  This brush dynamics
settings make the affected tools work 'almost as if they are
vibrating.'  This setting will be found in the Tool Options tab in
your dock window; un-check the option and it will quit doing that.

IF that is the problem, "no problem."  If that is not the problem, I
am all out of ideas.

:o)