Re: [Gimp-user] Editing a saved xcf file with layers

Debbie Miller wrote:
Hello,

I created a image using a few layers. It has a background, text and image
layer. I saved the image with the xcf extension and then exported it to a
png so I could use it on my website.

I need to change the text on the original image. When I open the image xcf
file I dont see any layers. There is only one layer and I cannot edit just
the text.

I have tried searching for the answers but cannot find anything to help me
edit and original image. I opened the file by using the open layers choice.

"Open as Layers" allows several files to be opened at once, each as a separate layer of the same image. Just a thought, but does that process flatten any files which themselves contain multiple layers? Does it open correctly using the normal "Open" instead of "Open as Layers"?

Mark.