[Gimp-user] libglib-2.0-0.dll error after upgrading to 2.8.8

As I have the same problem, I wonder why Gimp 2.8.8 does call ufraw
anyway for opening a .jpg? Gimp 2.8.6 opened any image file apart from
raw data without ufraw even beeing on my harddisk. And as far as I
get, ufraw development seems to have ceased.

I'm not posting this long after the last poster, but I found this page when I
searched on the same problem, after installing GIMP 2.8.14.  I tried
re-installing GIMP itself, and that didn't help.  What DID help was uninstalling
and then re-installing the extensions package.  I don't know why it worked, but
it worked!  Just figured I'd post in case someone else came across this page
looking for an answer to the same problem...

--
MikeG (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)