Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

chefebe wrote on 10/10/14 10:25:

In violation of good forum behavior I am commenting on this eternal, and very
old thread because that is all I have the bandwidth to do.  I also hate the
export feature.  I even keep an old Linux system around that has 2.6 on it so I
can quickly do simple edits because of this annoyance.  I finally decided to
google "gimp hate 'You can use this dialog' "  and behold, a plethora of painful
and ignored requests were returned.  I would love the option to choose which way
to have it behave.  Does that not satisfy both camps?

Did your searching reveal this possibility?

http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/

(I've not used it myself; I'm happy enough with the save/export
distinction.)

--
Bob Long