Re: [Gimp-user] Thanks for the Trojan TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Peter M. wrote:
"Thanks" for investing my PC with the Trojan TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen that came with todays download of GIMP.

Looks like I'll be having an annoyingly long night getting rid of that thing again.
*aaaaargh*

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about that!

However we do not distribute malware, so there's either a false
positive for GIMP, or you downloaded the installer from somewhere but
gimp.org. Could you please be more specific here?

Alex