Re: [Gimp-user] Resizing an imaged - revisted

On 11/19/14 18:45, HarryA wrote:

I have photo of my wife which is an up close shot of the face.
Because she is near sighted the view of eyes through the tri-focual  lens are
made so small such that the side of the head shows through the lens.

I have removed the eyes to  separate layers (left and right eye layers)  when
the three layers are made visible it looks like the original image.

But no matter how I try I can not resize an eye image without the other layers
getting resized also.  I can not un-anchor nor dissociate  the eye layer from
the face?

The layers are not anchored together in the layers dialog.

How does one do that?

You are probably resizing the image and not the layer.

Try this:

1. Make the left eye layer the active layer.
2. Use the rectangle select tool to make a selection around the eye
   and quite a bit more, but smaller than the whole image.
3. Layer / Crop to selection
4. Clear the selection (Select / None)
5. To make the layer larger:
      Layer / Scale Layer