[Gimp-user] Question about golden-spiral-0.0.py script

Hi,

I've got GIMP 2.8 on OSX Mavericks and I'm trying to use this script:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/golden-spiral-0.0.py/download

I've tried putting it in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
Support/GIMP/2.8/scripts and in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
Support/GIMP/2.8/plugins. I have verified that both of those paths are
set
in the GIMP Prefeferences/Scripts and /Plug-ins settings.  Either way,
get no errors when starting GIMP and I can't find the menu options to
use
the golden spiral in GIMP.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Dave

I am sure ofnuts will be along soon

but on a more general basis, applicable for any plug-in.

Have you made the plug-in executable?

After a Gimp restart, does it show in Help -> Plugin Browser (enter golden in
the search box)

If it is not there then it is wrong-place/not-working

Working and that tells me it is in the selection menu.

And indeed it is there and works here PCLinuxOS and Gimp 2.8.14

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)