Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.6's Clipboard Brush - disable possible?

The reason for wanting to disable this feature, is because it is forced it on
us. If I just want to use the brush, every time I had something copied, I
have to change the brush back. It's bloody annoying when I use it a lot and
only use the image in clipboard to paste into a black or existing image. It
adds unnecessary extra steps and wastes my time.

So I ask again, for myself and the original poster (some 4+ years past)...

Please, how do we disable it?