Re: [Gimp-user] brushes

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Helen <etters h gmail com> wrote:
How can I get the airbrush to fade out?  I have tried the fade slider at
different
lengths, but no position there makes any difference. What else do I need to
do?
Gimp 2.8.2

If I get correctly: you want for the airbrush to start fading after
your stroke has crossed a given length. For this, you need to
associate the "Fade Length" option (in Tools options, which you seem
to have found) to a dynamics with "fade" checked. If your dynamics is
not set to fade, then I think the "Fade length" slider's value does
not matter (as far as I can see).

Go edit your dynamics (or create one). In the mapping matrix, you can
set fade to a bunch of values. Let's assume we want the opacity to
fade (we could also imagine that the brush size is "fading", etc.).
So check the intersection between Opacity and Fade in the matrix. By
default though, it is more of a fade in. So you should go in the
Opacity dynamics graph (in the scrolldown menu where you have the
mapping matrix) and have the line goes down rather than up. From
there, this specific dynamics will use the "Fade length" slider's
value.

And you should get what you want.

Jehan

Thanks,