[Gimp-user] greek letters

You can also use the unicode values for single letters by typing
where nnnn is the hexadecimal value of the unicode character you wish
enter.  The 'U' may be either upper or lower case, as may be the hex
letters.

For example to enter the formula for the area of a circle, πr²

Wikipedia has a good table of unicode characters:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters

Gary

Hi Gary,

thanks a lot - that perfekt answer will help me. I must build a starmap with the
starnames. For Example alpha Gemini, but the word alpha must be a greek letter.
The rest ist normal text.

By Gimppimpf

--
gimppimpf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)