[Gimp-user] transition photoshop to gimp

On  15.3.2014 at 5:04 PM crumpy_panda wrote:
GIMP has no adjustment layers, but we're working on a non-destructive
workflow. At the next LibreGraphicsMeeting in Leipzig there will be
an [agenda item] on how a non-destructive workflow will look in GIMP.
I'm not sure whether GIMP's solution will be adjustment layers but
I am curious.
For now you can use layers and layer masks to work non-destructively.

What exactly do you mean with non-permanent filters in Photoshop?
Do you mean the Smart filters?

Yeah the term they use for non permanent and adjustable filters issmart
filters..  you are right.
I wasn´t sure about the exact word and don´t have Photoshop installed on this
box ;)

It is important and we're working on it. Look out for GEGL.
See also our [roadmap] and the [GEGL porting matrix].
In GIMP you can group layers with Layer groups. Unfortunately they
don't have masks, but this is a work in progress (see the first
item on the roadmap).

Kind regards,

Sven

[agenda item]
http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/program/

[roadmap]:
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Roadmap

[GEGL porting matrix]:
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL

That´s such good news for me.. and Thank you very much for the links / infos and
resources..
I will look into them and into to possibility to contribute something (even if
its only a well formulated and thought through wish.. list.

greetings
andi

--
crumpy_panda (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)