Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP -2.8.10 Brushes

On 15 March 2014 11:32, Randhir Phagura <rsphagura gmail com> wrote:
Thanks 'JS'. It has worked. I have created some 10 presets of varying sizes
of paintbrushes. This puts me back on to my sketches. Thanks a lot for the
detailed guidance!

One more bothersome matter that has been encountered in GIMP-2.8.10 is that:
While drawing a straight horizontal or vertical lines with earlier editions
of GIMP, I used to press shift key and drag mouse to the distance required
and the indication of whether the line was horizontal or vertical or NOT
was given by the thin line stretched by GIMP between those two points. If
there were 'kinks' in that line then it was understood that the line was
NOT absolutely horizontal or vertical. Then, one could adjust the mouse
position so as to eliminate all 'kinks' in the stretched line. But now that
line stretched by GIMP is not very thin. It is at least double the
thickness of earlier editions. Is there a way to make that stretched
indicative line any thinner?

No, there is no way to change the appearance of the line. But this
have an even simpler fix: just hold "CTRL" along with "SHIFT"
to draw straight lines: it constrains the angle of the line
to be drawn to 15° increments - and is the "right way"
to ensure perfect horizontal or vertical lines.

Regards,

Randhir Phagura