Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP -2.8.10 Brushes

Hi Randhir Phagura

I am an old user of GIMP. Earlier, versions that I used had some very
simple paint brushes in six or seven thickness sizes, which were convenient
for me to pick from in order to draw the lines or shapes of different width
in my gray-scale sketches which I drew for my books.
However, I do not find those brush-sizes in gimp-2.8.10. Can someone guide
me how I can get those simple paint-brushes and how I can install them in
this new version?

I dont know which version of GIMP you were using before but if you're on
linux, you could try /usr/share/gimp/2.0/brushes/gimp-obsolete-files, you
can copy those files into /home/<you>/.gimp-2.8/brushes

I'm not sure what the path would be for windows or mAc, though hopefully it
should follow a similar pattern. prob with backslashes instead of forward
slashes.

Hope it helps :)