Re: [Gimp-user] gimp 2.8.10 Color Managerment

Profiles are for things, like printers, screens, paper etc.

Programs don't have profiles.

But if your question was, "Where do I put the color profile ..."
then
the answer is.

   Edit->Preferences->Color Management

I want to set gimp up with my monitor. I am not sure?

You need to create a monitor profile. There are several programs
available to do this depending on your OS

Having created the profile, Edit->Preferences->Color Management and
selet the Monitor profile option and add your profile.

It maybe wise to read:

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-color-management

or go to http://docs.gimp.org and pick your language and then look for
Preferences, color management.