[Gimp-user] GIMP Freezes When Trying to Load Fonts

Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit
2.1GHz AMD Sempron SI-42 (x64)
3GB RAM (2.75 available)

I click on the icon to launch GIMP, it gets to the 'loading fonts'
portion of starting up and then freezes. Eventually I can click on the
splash screen and Windows offers to kill the process or let me wait some
more (I often opt to kill it). I don't have a lot of fonts past the
basics installed. Either way it hasn't been a problem except for the
last 3 months. GIMP 2.8 (latest afaik).

Any ideas?
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt