[Gimp-user] Pasting 1375x753 graphic into Gimp 2.8.0 on Windows 7 crops left and right edges

When this graphic is pasted into the Gimp using Ctrl-Shift-V, the
horizontal edges are cut off and the resulting graphic is 817x754
pixels.  The 1375x753 value was obtained by saving the image to disk
and then running "identify" from Cygwin.

Pasting the graphic into MSPaint nothing is trimmed.  Is there a
setting that I am missing in the Gimp?  I have not seen this behavior
before.

Thanks for any ideas/assistance.

Keith