Re: [Gimp-user] Dynamic modifications

On  19.7.2014 at 8:45 PM Id_graphics wrote:
I just wanted to outline the text as it is explained here
http://www.gimpology.com/submission/view/how_to_outline_text but, as I had to
modify the original text many times, I wanted to know if there was a quicker way
than repeating the process every time I had to change a single character

Hi,

I see two solutions for your problem:

1) Use an outline font.
2) Use Inkscape: type your text, then open the Fillings and Strokes dialog, set the Filling to None and a Stroke to a solid color of your
needs. I you want to tweak it it's easy to play around and explore.

It both cases you can later edit your text while keeping the visual
design.

Kind regards,

Sven