Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8 and OS X Yosemite

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM, scl <scl gplus gmail com> wrote:

On  5.7.2014 at 3:43 PM Mark Grisham wrote:

As I’m brand new, I have missed any past discussion about the
compatibility of GIMP 2.8 and the new (in beta currently) Yosemite.

No, there wasn't such a discussion here and I don't know of any
actions towards Yosemite yet. I assume there will be more after
Yosemite's release this fall.
@Simone, Partha, Clayton: do you know more?

No, don't know anymore. However, looking at the preview (and I'll try and
participate in the beta and test Gimp 2.9 on it). I am not anticipating
that it'll be an radical redesign. I'll let you know.

Checking for chances in Yosemite at https://www.apple.com/osx/preview/
I think only the UI changes and some technical changes in the background
(API changes) could have impact which are mainly topic for the
gtk-mac-integration project.

I don't think the gtk-mac-integration project is involved any more for
developing gtk-osx apps. At least, I don't use it.

  I’m just learning and don’t want to stuff it up.  Can any of you comment
on this?

Hmm, I don't know what exactly you mean.
Can you please be a bit more concrete?

If we'll find out more about GIMP's compatibility with Yosemite,
we will post it at http://roaringapps.com/app/gimp-28

Kind regards,

Sven

Thanks,