Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP on Linux Mint - Annoyances & Work Arounds

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:32:13 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin pilobilus net> wrote:
[...]
I always have to select my preferred "general purpose" brush every
time the program opens anyway

I don't have to do this, but that may be because I have Paint Options Shared Between Tools checked in
edit/preferences...

I just had to set things up as I wanted, and do Save tool options now.

4)  Other than dynamic brushes
But the most useful "dynamic" feature
for brush tools requires user configuration to exist, and most
users probably don't suspect it is possible:  Changing brush size
and hardness with a keyboard shortcut + mouse wheel.

Note that by default (depending on your keyboard) [ { and ] } increase/decrease the size of an editable
brush. You may need to change that in edit/keys if it doesn't work for you; it's increase/decrease value 2 I
think.

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/