Re: [Gimp-user] color proofing / printing -- profiles not applied when printing? gutenprint plugin

I suggest you have a look at what Rolf did getting a profile specific to the printer/ink/paper:
http://blog.meetthegimp.org/episode-185-the-52-02-error-printing-with-profiles/

Kevin

What I don't understand is this:
I have physical prints from cone color on Epson premium glossy photo paper,
printed with conecolor k3 inks which were designed specifically to be a
very close match for epson ultrachrome k3 inks.
Regardless of what the image looks like on screen,
if I import the image and keep its embedded profile,
then print it using the appropriate profile for the printer + paper + ink,
I should get an image that closely matches the professionally supplied
one.
I'm not; it's got too much yellow in the skin tones.

In the gutenprint print dialog, under the "Output" tab, by default it has
the following settings:
  Color Correction:  Default
  Image Type:        Mixed Text and Graphics
I set Image Type to "Photograph", but left Color Correction alone.

If I set Color Correction to "High Accuracy" I see no difference.

Gary