[Gimp-user] Problem in GIMP

Hi,

I'm running GIMP 2.8.0 with XQuartz 2.7.5 (xorg-server 1.14.4) on OSX 10.9.1
Mavericks.

Recently (last several months) I have noticed the program flicker every 5-15
seconds (never done it before). If I am dragging an image, creating a rectangle
selection, anything really - when the program flickers, it will interrupt
whatever I'm doing, sort of as if I've clicked the mouse button. Another
example, drawing a line on the page - when the flicker occurs, the line will
stop drawing (even though I'm still holding down the mouse button) and I'll have
to click again to resume.

It's very frustrating as it interferes with pretty much everything I try to do.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dylan

--
delos (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)