Re: [Gimp-user] Correcting "grainy" resolution?

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:24:59 +0100
pfaoro <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Is there a (simple) way to blow up a snapshot
originally take with a slow, cheap, disposable
camera without having the result so grainy that
it isn't usable?

You can't increase dot density in a bitmap file.
Facing that problem I would import the bitmap
file into Inkscape and then convert it to a
vector file. Then I would blow up the vector
file. You will lose some detail but at least it
won't be grainy.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press