[Gimp-user] No Brush Previews

Hi I'm using Gimp 2.8.10 on Mac Mavericks
It used to be in Gimp 2.8.8 for Mac I would see the preview of the
brush as the cursor so I could judge what the size was going to be now
in 2.8.10 Mac (running Mavericks).
I have no preview. Just an cross hair and the brush icon. So I have to
blindly guess the size of the brush.
Is there a way to get this back? I hope someone can help. Thank you.
Edit/Preferences -> Image Windows -> Mouse Pointers -> Show brush
outline is ticked on.
   Again thanks.

http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/News/Eintrage/2013/12/2_Just_a_bugfix_release.html

Hi everybody. Some of you might have noticed, that the latest GIMP 2.8.10
package had a nasty bug. The outline of brushes, pencils, the clone tool and
others were not visible. That made it very hard to draw, paint or use the tools
accurately.
Although the last release only has an age of 3 days, I‘ve made a new package
with the fix, because I think many depend on the painting capabilities. So, go
to the download page to get the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have fun.
Simone Karin

Just a bugfix release

--