Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter [resize on export]

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 18:31 +0000, Andrew_Bridget wrote:
This is such a common task, there may be cause to have a Resize option
bundled with the Export command.  Having to always perform them as two
separate steps is an annoyance, but the possibility of accidentally
saving the wrong resolution back to the XCF file is a danger.

It's true, I've sometimes overwritten my archival copy like that.

A checkbox, "save as a readonly file" on export, and "save as" or 'save
a copy" would help a lot.

Resize on export - I usually resize and then run sharpen or unsharp, and
often adjust curves, before the actual export.

I really really really wish I could tell in some way from the GUI
whether the image *as I see it now* on screen, in gimp, has been
exported; I'm entirely uninterested in knowing if I exported the image 3
hours ago, before lots of changes, which is all GIMP tells me today.
The * in the title bar for "image has not been saved" used to do that,
because save as png or jpeg counted as a save and removed the "dirty"
flag. I don't want that back again (can lose data by forgetting to save
back to xcf) but I'd like (say) a % to mean "exported but changed since
last export".

With that, the resize/export/undo cycle would become much more reliable.

Liam