Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

To: gimp-user-list gnome org
From: jeff cjsa com
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 22:14:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> writes:

Whether Ctrl-S/Ctrl-E were swapped in the process is a matter for discussion
(I wouldn't care if they stayed as they currently are in 2.8) but suppressing the
subsequent "save to xcf" check would be the really important improvement.

I know I've mentioned it before but an option to suppress this warning for images that are (1) unchanged
since last export and (2) never saved to an XCF file could be useful for the export/overwrite-based workflows
because as it stands you can't make a final export when you close the image - you can only save as XCF or
discard everything.

Alternatively, if the closing "Save Changes?" box was changed to have both "Save" and "Export" commands this
could also work.

Oh, and with 2.8.10's behavior change on what happens when you hit the Close button in SWM, it's also worth
mentioning that you DON'T get an option to save your changes at all - you get a warning that unsaved changes
will be lost, but you have no access to the Save command from that dialog.  Even if you only have one image
open.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com