Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

I also find GIMP's save-as behaviour very strange, but I have understood that there is no use in longer discussion about that. For the future I have two suggestions:

1) Allow for more user preferences.
Why not leave the choice to me whether I would like to be warned when saving in a lossy format? The discussion has at least pointed out that workflows are a very personal matter. I have so far never saved any file in Gimp's native format.

2) Nowadays it is rather easy to organise a questionaire via the Internet.
The developers could thus find out about users' expectations and preferences more easily then in former times. Well, I guess this approach also has its shortcomings, but one could try. Didn't the Open Office developers proceed this way lately?

Wolfgang Hugemann