rule about trolls is DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Signed: the helpful troll

P.D.: In this message, I don't say a single word about export behavior.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com> wrote:

To: gimp-user-list gnome org
From: jernej|s-gmane eternallybored org
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 21:41:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 10:16:07 -0800, Richard wrote:

Sure, RTF supports many of THE most commonly used text editing
features (bold/italic/underline, tabs/indents/spacing, font
face/size/color) but it doesn't support many advanced Word features
(widow/orphan control, footnotes, column layouts, etc.) and if you are
relying on a document that involves those features will Word inform you
that your target file format is not sufficient for what you are trying to
save?  Or will it just silently assume your document doesn't care about
those features and save what it can, effectively discarding those features
when you close out your session?

You're actually wrong - RTF supports at least everything that Word 2003
supports - including styles, paragraph settings, columns, footnotes etc.
You will get a warning if you try to save as OpenDocument though (and at
least in Word 2013, the document layout may change to reflect that).

*shrugs*

Okay, it has been awhile since I looked at the RTF official, beyond that I
am only aware of what gets exposed through the editor.  And I don't use RTF
for anything complex so I've almost never actually bumped into its
limitations.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com