Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP ignores dpi?

Phillip Susi wrote:
If I create an image and double the dpi to 180, GIMP shows it in the
same size at 100% zoom as if I hadn't doubled the dpi.  Isn't this a
bug?  Doubling the dpi ( and keeping the same resolution ) should make
it display at half the size.

DPI is pretty much irrelevant for displaying on screen. 100% zoom displays each pixel in the image as one pixel on screen. If you were to print the image, you should find that doubling the DPI does lead to the image printing at half the size.

Mark.