Re: [Gimp-user] Create a music ruler in GIMP?

On 02/14/2014 02:01 AM, Keith Purtell wrote:
I'm trying to create a custom template for writing out ideas for drum
patterns. I'll start with a traditional five-line music staff that's 10
inches wide. I need to divide it precisely into 32 equa-distant points
along the horizontal distance. Short vertical lines will show each point.

Is there a fast way to do this in GIMP other than positioning a draw tool
like Pencil at each location (identified by the pixels at bottom of the
GIMP screen) and drawing each one?

Keith Purtell

Filters/Render/Pattern/Grid, if you can determine the spacing beforehand.